Why the US Open Idea is still in the action, as USTA Terminated all Other Sporting Events

July 4, aficionados got another reason to get excited as the Tennis action was all set to kick-start after the long break of corona pandemic with one of the major sporting event All-American Tennis Team Tournament – the first official event which allowed the fans to get the feel the live-action into the stands since February 2020.

As the Corona pandemic, affecting other sports events world widely – in such a way having the tournament without any strict protocols will put the lives of professional player into the risk. There was one such incident when another player like Frances Tiafoe – found out positive after the first match of the event Journey. In a tournament with the top eight best tennis stars featured – following no social distancing norms will put down the values of officials and Sponsors.

With four other players – Novak Djokovic, Borna Coric, Grigor Dimitrov and Viktor Troicki – Frances Tiafoe joined the list of player who has tested positive by the virus while taking part in the event like Adria Tour, which was organized by Novak Djokovic earlier.

While former tennis champion Novak Djokovic started his idea of Adria your on 13th of June, without any proper heath protocols and norms like social distancing. The tournament was played in the four cites near the Balkans, while the US open on the other side did have some better protocols at the times of When Covid-19 was at the peak.

Ideally, the Adria tour was terminated before the second leg in Croatia – as the officials were looking to replace Tiafoe with Christopher Eubanks and keep the event going on.

With one more player gets affected, and an increasing number of COVID-19 cases in a country US – a tournament like US Open likely to get affected. “Right now, I’m not even sure it’s going to happen,” says former India Davis Cup captain Anand Amritraj, a Los Angeles resident. “In my opinion, I think the US Open is hanging by a thread right now.”

At the current times, What is the ground state condition in the US during Covid-19?

While the officials of the US Open and the USTA have stated on June 16, that the US open will be going to happen at a very possible chance. With this verdict from the organizers, there has been a rapid increase in the number of Covid-19 cases around the nation.

While on July 4, in just span of 18 days the amount of cases has been increased from 2,211,406 to 2,935,770 that’s around 723,364 more news cases. Looking at the active cases, around 16 June which was 1,163,750 that has been increased to 1,543,047 last reported on July 4. While NYC was the host city of the event – which was an ideal centre of this virus in the US is currently showing resistance against the virus with a lesser number of cases on June 16.

While to handle the situation, USTA decided to opened up Billie Jean King National Centre to organise the US Open in a 42-acre Complex boundary. Louis Armstrong Stadium is the second biggest court with the capacity of 14,000 fans.

Still, USTA looking to have the US Open under Such circumstances, Why?

If a single thought to describe the emotions of USTA, then it would be money.

Earlier this year, when the tournament like Wimbledon decided to terminate the official event, LTA cleared up by receive GBP 250 million as they have the Insurance policy to get the claim against the corona damage. Now with this official dates of the Wimbledon will be next year –

“It is with great regret that the main board of the All England Club and the committee of management of the championships have today decided that The Championships 2020 will be cancelled due to public health concerns linked to the coronavirus epidemic,” the AELTC said in a statement.
“The 134th Championships will instead be staged from June 28 to July 11, 2021.”

While on the other side, US Open and French Open don’t have such plan to save themselves.

“The US Open is where most of the money comes in for the USTA’s budget for the whole year,” Amritraj adds. “If they cancel the US Open, they stand to lose something like USD 350 million. That’s why they’re pushing for it.”

For More Sports Related News Follow Us On: FacebookTwitterYoutube, and on our Website.

Related articles

Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share article

Latest articles

The day Bangladesh defeated Australia with sensational victory

It was the something very rare what world cricket was witnessing back then, when Bangladesh out of nowhere has defeated Australia who...

Yuvraj Singh Went Crazy With his Whirlwind Batting

It was one of those days in the Yuvraj Singh career which mostly a player would dream to have by the end...

Kraigg Barthwaite – We have never assumed ourselves in-experience team

After winning the test series by 2-0, West Indies captain has believe that we have never considered ourselves as the in-experience team...

Monty Panesar reckons, Virat kohli should focus on his batting more from the Capatincy

After losing the first test match at Adelaide under the captaincy of Virat Kohli, many speculations were made for his captain role...

Makhaya Nitini says unlikely to coach South Africa due to Graeme Smith

Former fast bowler of South Africa Makhaya Nitini looking to avail the opportunity to be the Coach of South Africa. But as...

Newsletter

Subscribe to stay updated.